The Athletic Booster Club of Dexter (or ABCD) is a non-profit organization that has been supporting Dexter Community Schools for over 20 years. From field hockey to football to dance, basketball, and swimming, there are 28 athletic programs for girls and boys at Dexter schools, and many teams also need to fundraise to pay for new equipment and uniforms for these programs. ABCD provides additional support beyond the fundraising that individual teams do every year.
During the 2020-2021 school year, ABCD contributed over $14,000 to support Dexter athletes by:
- Providing $7,200 in direct contributions to Dexter teams, with each Dexter team receiving between $150 and $300; and
- Donating $7,000 to the Dexter Athletics’ Department to fund the school’s Hudl subscription, so that every interested Dexter team can have access to the Hudl video platform.
Since the year 2000, ABCD has donated over $600,000 in direct funding and another $60,000 in brick-and-mortar projects to Dexter Community Schools, and ABCD is also working on new efforts for the coming year, including the new Rising Tide Awards! Please consider supporting ABCD through fundraisers or by joining ABCD.
Here are some of the ways you can support Dexter Athletic Teams:
- Concessions will be back for the 2021-2022 school year! ABCD will again be managing the Al Ritt, Soccer, and High School concessions stands, and volunteers will be masked while serving to attendees. Parents can check with your team’s concessions manager for more information to volunteer and earn money for your athlete’s team.
- Recognize a Dexter Coach through ABCD’s new “Rising Tide” Staff Award. The Rising Tide Award can be given to a coach who has made a difference in an athlete’s life. There are individual donations of $50, $75, or $100 as well as corporate donations, and coaches will be recognized during fall, winter, and spring sport seasons. The Rising Tide Award is now available on ABCD’s website – check it out!
You can support ABCD through Busch’s Cash for Education Program. Simply enroll on-line, identify the “Athletic Booster Club of Dexter” as one of your organizations and earn money for ABCD every time you shop. For more information, see buschs.com/community.
- You can also join ABCD. Every Dexter athletic program can have an ABCD Representative, and there are currently openings for several teams as well as two openings on the ABCD Board. Parents who are interested in becoming a Representative should talk to their athlete’s coach or contact ABCD directly about joining the ABCD Board.
Parents, athletes, and fans make the ABCD a success as well as corporate sponsors. ABCD thanks long-time sponsors — Busch’s Fresh Food Market and Classic Pizza — for their continuing support of Dexter Athletics, as well as Aubree’s Pizzeria and Grill in Dexter for sponsoring a successful golf fundraiser for ABCD this summer. Through ABCD, these sponsors and parent volunteers help Dexter athletes and the greater Dexter community.
Check out ABCD’s website and Facebook page (at “Athletic Booster Club of Dexter”) for more information.