The Dexter Arts, Culture, and Heritage Committee recently announced the 2021 Paint Dexter Plein Air Festival dates of Aug. 16-20. They are working on the registration platform and will release updated information once registration is open for 2021. In general, they will follow the same format as last year.
- Participating artists will check-in and paint on their own as normal within the Dexter School District boundaries between Aug. 16 and Aug 20.
- Registration deadline will be July 15 for all artists.
- There will not be a separation of professional and amateur categories.
- There will be no in-person Festival Tent, exhibit or public reception. Instead, an online exhibit will open at the end of the event for artists to sell their paintings to the general public.
- Photos will not be taken at check-out this year
- We will be utilizing a new online sale platform
- We will ask artists to maintain social distancing guidelines, and wear masks when unable to maintain at least 6’ separation from other artists and area residents.
The following changes will impact Festival Patrons:
- We will not be hosting an adult workshop or children’s event this year either. We hope to resume those in 2022.
- The painting sale will take place in an online format.