Washtenaw Community College Chief of Public Safety Scott Hilden has been appointed chair of the Washtenaw County Criminal Justice Association for 2021.
The county-wide association brings together 31 county organizations – local, state and federal law enforcement agencies; correctional facilities; courts and others in the criminal justice community – to promote inter-agency coordination and cooperation.
“It is a pleasure for me to be part of this great group of professionals who are doing their absolute best to provide the highest level of service to the communities and the county in which we all serve,” Hilden said.
Hilden said the association exists primarily to improve communication and collaboration between the partners and to identify potential problems and discuss interdisciplinary solutions. The goal of both roles is to provide the best possible level of service to communities within Washtenaw County and to ensure the fair and equal treatment of all people served.
Hilden joined the WCC Public Safety Department in November 2016 after a 24-year career with the Canton Township Police Department, the last three as its Deputy Chief.
Organizations in the Washtenaw County Criminal Justice Association include:
- Ann Arbor Police Department
- Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
- Chelsea Police Department
- Concordia University-Ann Arbor Department of Campus Safety
- Department of Veterans Affairs Police
- Eastern Michigan University Department of Public Safety
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Forensic Center
- Homeland Security Investigations
- Huron-Clinton Metropolitan Authority Police Department
- Juvenile Court
- LAWNET/WAATT/MAJOR CASE
- Michigan Department of Corrections
- Michigan State Police Post 12
- Milan Federal Correctional Institution
- Milan Police Department
- Northfield Township Police Department
- Saline Police Department
- U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Marshals Service
- University of Michigan Police Department
- Washtenaw County Community Corrections
- Washtenaw Community College Training Center
- Washtenaw Community College Department of Public Safety
- Washtenaw County Prosecuting Attorney
- Washtenaw County Sheriff’s Office
- Ypsilanti Police Department
- 14A, 14B and 15th District Courts
- 22nd Judicial Circuit Court