ANN ARBOR, Mich. — Without fans in Michigan Stadium this fall, the University of Michigan Athletic Department is bringing football game day to fans through Hail From Home, a fan-first digital experience that provides a variety of ways for fans to engage in game day from home.
Hail From Home fan engagement opportunities will include a live pregame show and football trivia contest for home games, as well as opportunities all season long for fans to be “in the stadium” on game day through fan cutouts, scoreboard messages, a gameday music playlist, weekly Go Blue Giveaway contests, and more.
The Hail From Home webpage will serve as a central location for fans to access unique gameday experiences and opportunities for virtual participation. The page will be updated weekly throughout the season with information about upcoming games and opponents and will feature Saturday staples like Game Day Central information, social media platforms, and the Learfield/IMG College radio broadcast.
Hail From Home content and options for fan participation include:
Virtual Game Day Second Screen Pregame Show (home games only)
• The Hail From Home pregame show will feature a live stream of the Michigan Football Learfield/IMG College pregame radio broadcast, video of team warmups, the team’s intro video, and other gameday elements from Michigan Stadium.
• The live stream will begin one hour prior to kickoff, available only on YouTube.com/MichiganAthletics or Facebook.com/MichiganFBall.
Fan Cutouts at Michigan Stadium
• Fans can purchase cutouts of themselves, friends or family members to be placed in an open seat in the Michigan Stadium end zone. » Details, Pricing and Deadlines
Show us how you Hail From Home with Videoboard Participation
• Fans will have the chance to be featured on the Big House videoboards by submitting videos of themselves, family and friends as they cheer on Michigan from home. Fans can submit videos using the online form.
• Fans can share Hail From Home photos on social media with the #HailFromHome hashtag for a chance to be featured on the webpage and on the videoboard during a game at Michigan Stadium.
• Fans can also submit Hail From Home photos using the online form.
Enter the Go Blue Giveaway
• Michigan Athletics is teaming up with Tailgate Guys, the M Den, Jordan and Gatorade to provide fans with five weeks of prizes to kick off the 2020 season.
• Visit the Hail from Home page to enter to win a Tailgate Guys Package (prize includes winner’s choice between a tailgate package at home or at a game during the 2021 season).
• Go Blue Giveaway Week One kicks off today (Wednesday, Oct. 21), and fans have until Nov. 24 to enter to win the grand prize, which includes:
- One 2020 or 2021 tailgate package from Tailgate Guys
- M Den shopping spree worth $1,000
- Gatorade Team Package (12 squeeze bottles, 12 towels, two sideline coolers, one case of Gatorade powder)
- Jordan Swag Package (two pairs of Jordan shoes signed by men’s basketball coach Juwan Howard, one U-M football jersey and one U-M Jordan backpack)
Michigan Trivia Contest (home games only)
• A new trivia contest will be available on the morning of each home game this season.
• Fans can test their Michigan Football knowledge for a chance to win a football signed by head coach Jim Harbaugh.
Hail From Home Season Ticket Giveaway presented by Farm Bureau Insurance
• Enter throughout the season for a chance to win the grand prize of two season tickets for the 2021 football season.
• Fans who take part in the contest will be entered to win great prizes throughout the season, including a mini helmet signed by head coach Jim Harbaugh, an at-home tailgate package from Tailgate Guys, and a Jordan Brand Trunk Box with U-M Jordan Brand apparel.
Fan of the Game
• Michigan Athletics will be recognizing one season ticket holder each game this season as Fan of the Game.
• The Fan of the Game will receive a $50 gift card from M Den.
In addition to the new Hail From Home content, Michigan Athletics provides in-depth coverage through its television/radio shows and podcasts, and the Kids Go Blue Club will offer special access to members through its new app:
Three Weekly radio and podcast programs dedicated to Michigan Football and U-M Athletics
• “Inside Michigan Football” radio show Monday nights at 7 p.m. and weekly updates of “In the Trenches” and “Conqu’ring Heroes” podcasts, all hosted by Jon Jansen.
• Download and subscribe wherever you get your podcasts, or listen on MGoBlue.com
• Submit questions to Jon on Twitter (@JonJansen77) or by text (734-328-1760)
Behind-the-scenes storytelling from Inside Michigan Football TV Show
• Debuts on WMYD (TV20 in Detroit) Sunday at 12:30 p.m. until Nov. 8, when it returns to WXYZ at 10:30 a.m. each week. The show will re-air on Fox Sports Detroit on Monday evenings at 5 p.m. and is available to stream on demand at MGoBlue.com/watch.
• See exclusive interviews, postgame reactions, player and coach features, and more.
Kids Go Blue Club
• Members can check in from home and answer in-game trivia questions to earn Loyalty Program points during Michigan Football games via the Club app.
• Members also receive access to gameday activities, monthly contests, trivia and polls, and exclusive member content.
• Visit MGoBlue.com/kidsclub to download the app and register for the club.
Football Game Week Content Schedule
Michigan Sports Television will produce player and coach features throughout the week
• Sunday: Inside Michigan Football TV show; Fan of the Game selected
• Monday: Michigan Monday preview and game notes; Coach Harbaugh press conference; Inside Michigan Football radio show
• Tuesday: Conqu’ring Heroes podcast; Wolverines in the NFL weekly update
• Wednesday: Wallpaper Wednesday
• Thursday: In the Trenches Podcast; Digital game guide
• Friday: In the Trenches podcast (Keys to the Game edition); Spotify gameday playlist (home games only)
• Saturday: Trivia contest (home games only); Virtual Gameday second-screen pregame show (home games only); Game recap, video highlights and additional postgame content; In the Trenches podcast (postgame edition)