The City of Dexter Arts, Culture & Heritage Committee has announced that registration is now OPEN for the 2018 Paint Dexter Plein Air Festival. The popular event has grown in recent years and space is limited for both professional and emerging artists. Artists are encouraged to register soon to ensure a spot.
Important dates to note:
- Professional artists must register by May 15th.
- Emerging artists must register by July 1st.
- The festival and painting begins August 13th.
Highlights for this year’s festival include:
- Awarding Judge, Greg LaRock, joins Plein Air from California.
- Paintings will be available for immediate sale on Friday and Saturday.
- Artists may deliver two (2) additional paintings, painted during the week, for reserve sale.
- Participating artists will receive a biography page on the Paint Dexter Festival website.
- An artist meet ‘n greet at the Wine and Craft Beer Reception Friday evening under the tent.
More information can be found at:
- Festival Timeline
- Plein Air Competition
- Quickdraw Competition
- Artist Guide
- Professional Artist Prospectus
- Lodging for Artists
You can get a glimpse of last year’s Paint Dexter Artists’ Experience video at the City of Dexter’s YouTube Channel.
For pictures and updates, Like Plein Air on Facebook.
To participate in this year’s festival, you can register here.
Mark your calendars now: It is a great event celebrating Dexter’s scenic city and surrounding area for artists and fun for non-artists as well.
If you like what We Love Dexter is doing with local news coverage and want to see us continue to grow, you can help by supporting our advertisers — and by supporting us with as little as $5 here. It’s a win-win-win!