The U.S. Census Bureau has released new data on which Michigan communities have the highest median household income and it may surprise you where the Dexter area falls.
Mlive reports in an article that the new data shows there are 21 Michigan cities and townships with an estimated median household income of $100,000 or more.
The 2012-16 study showed the vast majority of these municipalities meeting the $100K threshold are located in southeast Michigan, two of which are in the Dexter area.
Of the 21 Michigan communities:
- Webster Township ranked 11th with a median household income of $117,083 with a population of 6,561.
- Scio Township ranked 18th with a median household income of $105,369 with a population of 17,041.
- Dexter Township has a median household income of $91,944 with a population of 6,286.
- Washtenaw County has a median household income of $60,125 and a population of 345,066.
- The State of Michigan’s median household income is $52,492, population 9,928,000.
You can find further details in the Mlive article Michigan’s Richest Communities.